10 July 2013

Via Mare

Via Mare is one of the good Filipino restaurants in the Philippines. On our recent holiday, I made sure that my children had a chance to dine there. This is a late post, guys :(. Anyway, should you visit the country one day soon, make sure to visit Via Mare and try the adobo flakes, similar to pork floss, and other popular dishes such as Kare Kare (Ox Tail in Peanut Sauce), Pork Binagoongan (Deep Fried Pork in Sauteed Shrimp Paste) or Halo Halo for dessert. For the basic recipe of Adobo, please refer to my previous post.

The adobo flakes is the dehydrated version of pork adobo. I think the pork is shredded and deep fried or  I reckon dried in the oven. Best eaten with sunny side up egg, garlic fried rice and vinegar as dipping sauce. Guinumis, on the other hand, is a dessert drink made with coconut milk, sweetened with sugar syrup, tapioca pearls (sago) , flavored gelatin (gulaman) and toasted rice crispies (pinipig). Makes me wanna go home and eat!

Adobo Flakes 
Chicken Inasal (grilled chicken marinated in special blend of spices with annatto oil)
Guinumis


No comments:

Post a Comment