04 January 2014

Le Pain Quotidien

My children and I go for heavy breakfast, as we love discovering new breakfast places to visit. We don't mind waking up really early for a good breakfast. The branch of Le Pain Quotidien in The Rocks opened in November. It has other locations in Sydney but this one is quite historical as it used to be a police station. There are small dining rooms which used to be prison cells. The place is quaint and perfect for catching up with friends.

As for the food, it was good. Simple, yet nicely presented. Their hollandaise was perfect! We tried their brioche and sour cherry tart, and I must say, it tasted authentic. Coffee is served in a large cup here in Le Pain Quotidien; large enough to look like a soup bowl, ha. Ha. Also, it wasn't as expensive as we expected. Looking forward to visiting this place again.


Clockwise from top left: Outside Le Pain Quotidien, the room where we dined,
one of the former prison cells, and the hallway.



Poached eggs with hollandaise and ham (left)
As you can see, on the right is the coffee cup - or should I say bowl?




Scrambled eggs with organic bread, bacon and grilled tomato (left)
Belgian waffle with seasonal fruit (right)


Sabina says:
Frankly, this is one of the most tastiest places you can go to for breakfast. I've had a soft spot for waffles, and their Belgian waffles did not fail to disappoint! I had to share with my sister, so we had half of the two dishes above. Another thing I liked about the breakfast was their bread. Soft and chewy in the inside, and crunchy and toasted on the outside. We also bought a sour cherry and almond tart (I think that's what it's called), and it tasted divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment