06 October 2014

Pecan and Walnut Tart




This is classic which is best eaten...trust me, slightly warm with vanilla ice cream.

It is quite difficult to find American brands which I use in baking here in Australia. When I chanced upon Karo light syrup in a health store, I grabbed it and automatically thought of pecan tart.

As usual, I'm  pressed for time so I used store bought sweet crust pastry for the pie base. It turned out good, just what I expected. This is a combination of walnuts and pecan, as I didn't have enough pecan in my pantry.

Here's the recipe for this lovely tart:

Ingredients:
2 sheets of ready to use sweet pastry (I used 2 pans, 7 inch diameter)
1 c brown sugar (can be reduced to 3/4 c)
3/4 c light karo syrup
1/4 c golden syrup
1/4 c butter
3 eggs
1 T rum or vanilla
280 g chopped, roasted walnuts and pecan
Chocolate pieces, as desired

Procedure:
1. Grease and flour the tart pan. Shake off excess flour.
2. Line the pan with the ready to use pastry. Remove excess crust by trimming the sides.
3 . Using a fork, dock the pie to prevent puffing or creating pockets while baking.


4. Set aside inside the fridge.
5. For the filling, mix all remaining ingredients except nuts.
6 . Once blended, add nuts and mix.
7. Pour in the pie base and chocolate pieces can be added for better flavour.  Bake  in pre-heated oven at 350 degF or 180 degC (160 degC fan forced)for 35 mins.or more until done (bigger tart pans will take longer to bake, around 45 to 50 mins.)

8. Cool down and slice.



No comments:

Post a Comment