29 November 2014

Decorated Butter Cookies

Decorating cakes and cookies these days are much easier than when I started twenty years ago. Wow! I can't believe it's been that long or should I say...I'm getting old ha.ha. Anyway, you can now buy ready to roll (RTR) icing or fondant to finish cakes and cookies. I used to make fondant icing from scratch. Yes! from scratch. Hooray for these RTR icings. I conveniently buy online. There are also coloured icings available.


Made some cookies for a work colleague and my daughter months ago. I tried Martha Stewart's butter cookie dough recipe and it was ok. After the baked cookies have completely cooled down, it's ready to be finished. Roll the icing thinly around 1/8 inch and cut using the same cutter you used in your cookie dough. Occasionally dip the cutter in icing sugar to prevent the sides from sticking. I use water as adhesive for the icing to the cookies. Voila! Decorated cookies.




No comments:

Post a Comment