07 June 2014

DIY Cake Stand

I love having friends for afternoon tea at home. For me, the menu is easier to plan compared to a dinner or lunch menu. If I had lots of storage space I would love to collect tea cups and cake stands. I only have a handful enough to entertain few friends. Besides, cake stands are freakin' expensive here in Sydney. Oh well, I find it expensive. Price is relative , isn't it?

Anyway, I googled some DIY cake stand videos. I, unfortunately, don't have an electric drill so I can't have those with fancy handles. I settled with one that is easy and of course, cheap.  I used two white plates which I got on special from Ikea as well as the vase. Of course, we will need an amazing glue, which I got through ebay as it is made from USA. Here's my finished product.



No comments:

Post a Comment