03 February 2013

Basic Brownie Recipe Version 2


I've mentioned before that brownies can either be fudgy, which I prefer, or cakey. I tweaked a few ingredients in my previous post and did a kitchen trial last week and voila! Cakey brownie. This recipe has a more intense cocoa flavour and is not as sweet (which worries a lot of people these days) as the other recipe. The members of my taste panel, my family members ha.ha., prefer this one though. Have a go on this one guys!


BROWNIES (Version 2)

Ingredients:
3/4 c butter, melted
1 1/2 c sugar
3/4 c cocoa powder
3 eggs
1 c plain flour
1/2 T baking powder
1/2 t  salt (if using salted butter, you might want to cut this out)

Suggested Toppings: nuts (you can try salted ones for flavour contrast), choc or white choc chips or simply plain and dust it with powdered sugar before serving

Procedure:

Please refer to  Basic Brownie

Note: recipe was tested using 100% cocoa powder

Which one do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment