01 February 2013

Blissful Brekkie at Bon Bon


I received a canister of hot chocolate drink mix for Christmas from my friend, Carol. It was from Bon Bon. I've been to the chocolate store before but I didn't know that there was a cafe downstairs. For our next breakfast adventure, we woke up a little bit early last Sunday to try their breakfast offering.

We were stunned by the nice rustic ambiance of the cafe. Reminded me of our cafe in the Philippines, Northern Brew. We were greeted by the Barista and soon the friendly staff approached us. The girls had a cold chocolate drink while I tried the hot dark chocolate with a hint of Habanero chili. Wow! I love the kick of chili at the end. It lingers. 

What did we order? Sabina had a croissant filled with smoked ham, Gouda and sliced roma tomato. They take pride in claiming that the croissant is traditionally made with 120 layers. Indeed, it was flaky, light and buttery. I had slightly toasted rye bread with poached eggs, haloumi, cherry tomatoes, avocado and arugula. It was awesome!  Ariana, on the other hand, had Belgian waffle topped with berry compote, mascarpone and pistachio nuts. I'll let her tell you what she thinks about her food. I guess, she was the least happiest among the three of us, ha ha.

Ariana says:
I do have to agree with my mum when she says I was the least happiest. Overall, I'd give my breakfast item a 7/10. The toppings were, for the lack of a better term, fantabulous. The creaminess of the mascarpone, in addition to the toasted pistachio nuts, compliment the tartness of the berry compote. I did however struggle to find the Belgian waffle itself. It absorbed most of the compote and ended up being soggy - and unidentifiable if I do say so myself. But hey, you get free chocolate afterwards so it's all good! 


Overall, it was a lovely breakfast. The ambiance, food & service were nearly perfect. After paying our bill, we were given three tiny boxes which we could take to the chocolate shop upstairs for free chocolate of our choice.I had white chocolate filled with  champagne flavoured ganache. I think the girls went for the coffee filled ones.We'll definitely visit back soon.

Average Bill per head: AUD17


No comments:

Post a Comment