14 January 2013

Bourke St. Bakery, Surry Hills


I promised myself that for 2013, I will visit Surry Hills often. A lot of good cafes and restaurants are located here. The place that my kids and I visited recently is always listed in the top 10 bakeries in Sydney. We only had few photos as the place was very busy even during odd hour. You won't regret lining up for a couple of minutes because the products are of good quality, reminded me of Paris ♥.


I commissioned my 10 year old, funny daughter to write about it, as this is what she loves to do. Here we go...

Sabina Says:

Bourke St. Bakery is one of the best bakeries I've been to, the taste of their pastries rivaling Becasse Bakery. Bourke St. Bakery brings high-quality, fresh, delectable breads & pastries to the Surry Hills public. The only flaw about the actual shop is that it's painfully small.

I would recommend the Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Muffin. The flavours are well balanced, with the bittersweet taste of dark chocolate contradicting the tartness of the raspberries. The texture of the muffin's top is a bit crunchy, and I liked how the small touch of sprinkled sugar contributed to the pleasant crust.

The bakery's own-made drinks is now a favourite. I ordered lemonade and the taste of the refreshing lemon always come to my taste buds. 

I highly recommend that you visit the most convenient Bourke St. Bakery branch and try one of their palatable pastries.

No comments:

Post a Comment