01 January 2013

The Tea Room at QVB

We visited this place on my 40th birthday last November, few hours before watching the Coldplay concert at Moore Park. My daughters are quite hesitant on the idea of going there because they knew it was expensive. But since it was my big day and I wanted us to experience a proper high tea, we went despite their apprehensions.

Wow! What can I say? Perfect ambiance, customer service and the china were nice and polished. There was a good selection of finger foods, scones and petit-fours.Also, a wide range of tea variety. For awhile, we felt like members of the Royal family. It was strictly no sharing (as written in the menu), although, they allowed my youngest daughter, who recently turned ten years old, to share with us.

Definitely, the food was a bit pricey compared to the amount that was served. I think ambiance is something we can't quantify. We,obviously, paid for the experience. I would still recommend it to those who want to spend a memorable afternoon or morning chat with their loved ones over a cup of tea.

Average Bill per head : AUD40-45

Here's the website, should you visit one day: https://www.thetearoom.com.au/





No comments:

Post a Comment