18 January 2013

Sweet Paris



I had anxiety attacks weeks before I left for my holiday in September last year. I was worried of the amount of work when I come back,  lectures that I'll skip in my accounting class and most of all, I'll miss my girls.  After bidding our goodbyes (with matching tears) and as soon as I got into the train to the airport, I knew it will be a great adventure. It was my first time to travel to Europe.

Paris is every patissier's dream. To me, Paris means tasting the real thing. Macarons, baguette, croissant, crepe and I could just go on and on enumerating different yummy French treats. I realized that in my ex-profession,ouch! it is not enough to gain work experience and learn the rudiments in culinary school but it is also important to travel. It is very interesting to know the history of a country for it tells a lot about their cuisine.



I visited well known pastry shops, took a baking lesson, rode the bike, which I have crossed out from my bucket list and tried to live like a Parisian for five days. I stayed in the city for two days and the remaining days were spent going to different suburbs by taking public transportation. It is always an advantage to know someone who lives there. I'm so blessed in that aspect. Oh, you'll fall in love with Paris.







No comments:

Post a Comment